1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Report: Browns hire Mangini

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Jan 7, 2009.

1. chester

chester Member

Not yet.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sure, you can.

But the question, "Why?" does immediately come to mind. :D

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

This is the woman who had the hots for Brook Jacoby. Not to mention one who actually thinks Steve Spurrier is attractive.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

brilliant! randy lerner is a rich kid turned football know-it-all. this should be fun to watch.... ::)

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Wouldn't a competent owner hire a GM and let the GM hire the coach so the two would be likely to be able to work together?

6. chester

chester Member

Supposedly, Lerner wants to talk with Baltimore's pro personnel guy, who is tight with Mangini. But reportedly he can't until the Ravens are out of the playoffs, since he is involved in the game planning.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That has all been dealt with. Once Mangini knocked their socks off, the Pioli stuff faded because those two weren't going to work together. The Browns have focused on pro-Mangini folks since.

And there was a story last week where Crennel was quoted as saying he'd like to stay, but it had to be the head coach's decision so that everyone was on the same page.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3799791

chester covered all this, in retrospect.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Which means I'm loyal. I don't go for the hot boy-come-lately. I like who I like, public perception be damned.

Thanks for proving my point!

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Crennel might stay just because he doesn't want to move his garage full of Pringles and pork rinds.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

People actually eat pork rinds? Ugh.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Crennel staying on as an assistant tells me he had no interest in really being head coach and that he should have been fired from that position two years ago.

As for Mangini -- first the Indians took Joe Smith from the Mets, then they picked up Carl Pavano. Now Mangini. SUCK IT, NYC!!

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

See you Browns fans have it all wrong, signing coaches that are good. The lions have the right idea, only interviewing bad offensive coordinators.

Draft saved Draft deleted