1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Repo Man

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I just finished watching it on Encore Mystery. It's one of my favorites. Lots of good lines ("C'mon, Duke, let's do some crimes." "Yeah, let's order sushi and not pay.")
    The people I work with say it's one of the worst movies ever.
    I wouldn't call it one of the best, just one of my favorites.
    How do you feel about it?
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I would have problems with your co-workers.

"Repo Man" is a classic. Brilliant soundtrack, too.

I will say, though, that the director, Alex Cox, made some of the biggest pieces of shit ever committed to film. I'm one of about 8 people who actually saw "Straight To Hell" when it was released, and it's probably the worst film I've ever seen in a theater. Just a self-indulgent, mindless piece of crap.

His next film was "Walker." I never saw it, but Roger Ebert (as I recall) said "It's worse than 'Straight To Hell,' and if you've actually seen 'Straight To Hell' you know what a bold statement that is."

Cox also did "Sid and Nancy," which is overrated but still pretty good. He never did anything close to "Repo Man."
  3. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

The movie is great, and as PCLL noted, the soundtrack is outstanding. I remember sitting around listening to the soundtrack in high school and laughing my ass off. Wow. What a great batch of songs. "Five-pound blocks of cheese ... Bags of groceries ... "
  4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Repo Man is a classic.
  5. One of the underrated best of all time. Either you dig it or you don't. Me? I dig it. Totally.

"Good evening, Otto. This is Agent Rogersz. I'm going to ask you a few questions. Since time is short and you may lie, I'm going to have to torture you. But I want you to know, it isn't personal."
  6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Love it, bought the video. "John Wayne was a fag!" "The hell he was!"
  7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"He was too, you boys. I installed two-way mirrors at his pad in Brentwood. He came to the door in a dress."
  8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

"That doesn't mean he was a homo. Lots of guys like to watch their buddies fuck. Don't you?"
  9. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's actually what I thought this thread was going to be about.
Draft saved Draft deleted