1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rep. Pelosi: Impeachment Is Off the Table

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 23, 2006.

1. How about we throw the cronies into the slammer and see where we go from there?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe there's some spare room at Guantanamo Bay for them.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

DyePack, while Fenian and a couple of others want to go for blood, it sounds more like a personal attack on the Shrub. Has he broken laws? Show me a single freaking president who HASN'T. Let's try to move forward for God's sake. Bush will be gone in two years regardless, unless he usurps the Constitution and cancels elections.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This administration makes Harding's look honest.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . and here we go with the "moving forward" jive, again, with as much credibility as
    Mark McGwire. These people can't be trusted with the bathroom-cleaning detail.
    They've f'd up virtually everything they've touched over the past five years.
    Move forward? Off W's agenda/past record of shining successes? Screw that. He's had his chance . . . chances . . .
    buckets of chances.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Ben, I'm as big a Bush hater as there is on this board, but I just don't see how that helps more pressing needs like insurance, the war, etc.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

AA: I hear ya.

There are some things the Dems can push if they score a solid win in the house
    and can coax a measure of bipartisanship in the legislative process. Permitting the
    importation of reasonably-priced drugs from Canada would be a good place to
    start (why in hell should the States be the SINGULAR prop holding up the pharma's
    profit projections . . . ) . . . facilitating the curtailing of the obscene tax gift to the top 1% of earners
    would be another . . . gotta get real, here. Love to hear Bush's scrambled
    defense of a veto of the former.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

See, I'm all for that. Let's focus on health care. Let's focus on education. Let's focus on cutting outdated government programs. Let's focus on a return to governance as opposed to dominance or intrusion.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

'Course, Bush would veto it . . . and someone like Lieberman (solidly in the pocket of the
    pharma lobby, for years) would be hysterical in his defense of the status quo.

10. So we accept criminality on the part of our presidents and just move on with it?
    And show me, please, the laws broken by each of the last 10 presidents? Not policies that look icky, but actual laws broken. Do you honestly believe what you wrote? That every president breaks the law and, because of that, every president should be allowed to break the law as long as we don't catch him, and we shouldn't try to catch anyone in the Executive branch breaking the law because every president has?
    Nation of laws my ass.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

DIZZY!

Draft saved Draft deleted