1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rep. John Lewis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jul 11, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Why do people do this stuff?

Remember when Florio did this with Terry Bradshaw?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You get major twitter credit if you're first on this stuff by 30 seconds.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Ooh boy!!! Don't make me so horny in public!

I want to fit in with Cool Twitter even less than I did in high school, if possible.

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It happened long before Twitter (Joe DiMaggio) and will happen long after Twitter.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I'll just write this now, because I feel bad that we often only praise people after they have died:

John Lewis is such an inspirational figure. Immense courage. A legendary link to an era which predates my life. I highly recommend his memoir, Walking With the Wind.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The Black Abe Vigoda?

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He gave up his health 60 years ago for something that Trumpists still disparage.
    I hope he lives to see Trump and his klan thrown out of office if for no other reason than that he can get a proper sendoff upon his passing. Trump and Ted Cruz and Todd Hawley and all other SEC Senators will spit on his corpse if given the chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted