1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rental Car Companies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, May 25, 2007.

1. Boognish

Boognish Member

I know ... I never do, usually. I was in a weakened mood, perhaps. I was minutes away from seeing my girlfriend, whom I hadn't seen in more than six weeks. I guess I got what I deserved.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I hate Enterprise for the way they dicked me over last summer, though a careful letter got me a free rental.

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

In case anyone cares, or is travelling anytime soon, here's another code that gets you a SIGNIFICANT DISCOUNT at Enterprise (like, 1/2 off!):

Use corporate code UCBALUM and PIN CAL.

It's supposed to be for California alumni, but it works.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Good stuff.

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I prefer Alamo and National, because at most places, they'll let you pick your own car. Helps me avoid the smelly, 20,000-mile heaps that Dollar or Thrifty often try to impose upon me.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Thrifty lost me years ago, when they didn't hold a car for me and bused me to RentAPileOfSteamingShit,
    five miles way.

7. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Anyone know if I can persuade Enterprise to let me drop off my rental car at a different location?

I know their site says I can't, and that they don't do one-way rentals, but it's going airport to airport in the same friggin' state.

Anyone done this with Enterprise?

8. Editude

Editude Active Member

I just did the one-way rental with Enterprise a couple of weeks ago. There is a separate phone number to deal with this (which I can't find at the moment).

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Anybody have any new codes that will work?

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nope.

But this isn't worth a shit anymore if you a have a smart phone.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Got a smart phone. Now I just need a smart code!

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I love rental car fees . . . a fee for using the shuttle bus, daily airport surcharge, city surcharge for a convention center I'll never use, daily state surcharge . . . and Budget charged me a 20-percent sales tax a couple of weeks ago at Midway. Sweeeet!

Draft saved Draft deleted