1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reno 911

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Jul 14, 2009.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I recently started to DVR this show. I love it
    I set the DVR to record both 1st run and repeat episodes. So I check the DVR and there are 10 episodes already recorded. Apparently one night recently they put about 4 hours of shows together starting from like 2 am. The shows were un-cut. The word fuck was thrown around often and the commercial are hystrical. Sex lube commercials.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Possibly the greatest show to watch while high of all time. At least that's how I remember it.

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

It's funny when you're not high, too.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I seem to recall loving the first season, but it got kind of old after that. They kind of got caught in a bind where they either had to recycle old bits or up the ante, and once you start going bigger, you lose the "cop show parody" vibe.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Comedy Central does that a lot. Every night, from 2:30 to 4 a.m., they'll run a block of shows. Drawn Together one night, Reno 911 another, a block of standup specials the next. Last night, three episodes of The State were on.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Hilarious show.

But, much better with the original cast. Loses a lot with the cast changeover in the current season.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I haven't seen this season. Who's gone? Anyone new I'd know?

Never mind, just looked. Rizzo is played by fellow State alum Joe Lo Truglio. I don't know the other guy.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

One of the recent episodes had Darryl from The Office

Draft saved Draft deleted