1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reno 911-The Movie= The greatest idea ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I can't wait for this one to come out. Does anyone else watch the show?

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I liked this movie when I saw it the first time....when it was called Police Academy 5: Assignment: Miami Beach.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Love the show and I think the movie is going to be hysterical.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I loved this show for a moment, but then it quickly faded away. I'll probably Netflix this one.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's the greatest idea since I decided to yield to oncoming traffic and turn right on red only when no one was coming. That was this afternoon.

6. The only complaint I have about the show is the way they have done this split season with no warning. It went off suddenly and I think it's going to come back on suddenly. I googled it many times months ago to figure out what the hell was going on.
    If anyone hasn't seen the show, you're seriously missing out on the funniest show on TV. The movie should be awesome.

7. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Comparing Reno 911 to Police Academy shows your hatred for America.

Don't you know Reno 911 changed everything. I mean our president says it all the time "911 changed everything" to justify controversial policies.

The writers of Reno 911 and the cast (same are former groundlings) are brilliant.

I can't wait to see the movie.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I. Love. It.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Then call me Big Buckin' Osama_bin_Laden. Show just doesn't do anything for me.

10. Outing alert: Big Buckin' Agate Monkey has no sense of humor, which is suprising considering the funny handle.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Actually, Reno 911 is one of my favorite shows. Heck, most of the target audience wasn't even born when Tackleberry stuck a gun in the nose of a shark and yelled "Leave this swimming area NOW mister!"

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Here's something I wonder...

If companies place so much stock in target audiences, why do so many movies (or products) fail? Was it your target audience or your product (film)?

Draft saved Draft deleted