1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reno 911: Miami

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by XXXX, Feb 22, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Dangle (Thomas Lennon) was my favorite of the State guys. Him and Ken Marino.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fuckabuncha MTV. Get The State through iTunes.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I saw it tonight. It was quite good. A few laugh-out-loud moments, though no more than in a typical episode.
    Is the actor who played the deputy mayor the same guy who plays the Dungeons and Dragons guy on the show?

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I might try seeing this on Sunday. I'm very excited about it, after seeing all 11 State people are in it.

5. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

That's comedian Patton Oswalt.

I saw it last night, I'm not sure if it was the four beers I had before hand and three I had during the movie, but I enjoyed it and laughed hard quite often.

Toward the end, looks like they left it open for another one... Scotland Yard. Ah, will the hijinxs ensue.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Dangle (Thomas Lennon) and Travis (Robert Ben Garrant) are two of the most successful comic writers in Hollywood. In addition to The State and Reno 911, they also created and wrote Night at the Museum, the Pacifier, and the (even more) crappy movie Taxi. Garrant directed Herbie Fully Loaded, as well. Their next movie is called Balls of Fury, and it stars George Lopez and Anchorman's Champ (David Koechner) as professional ping pong players caught up in some hijinx with Christopher Walken and Maggie Q.

7. XXXX

XXXX Member

yeah thats the same guy. if you watch the show a lot you'll notice that they have the same actors playing different characters on the show all the time.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

A bit of useless trivia: Thomas Lennon is married to Jenny Robertson, who played the ballpark slut turned deeply religious bride on "Bull Durham."

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Sweet!

Draft saved Draft deleted