1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reno 911 cancelled

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/tv-news/reno-911-canceled/?cmpid=FCST_GTI

It was one of my favorite shows. It wasn't the same this season without Garcia, Clem and Kimball, but there was some good stuff with Terry and Patton Oswalt saying he was wanted for a murder in Thailand so he could get a free trip to Thailand.
    I'll miss it, but I'm glad there are lots of reruns.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Never found this show funny.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

I absolutely LOVED the first two seasons, some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen, but it dropped off a bit after that. After six seasons, it really has gone about as far as it can go.

4. I agree. Great show at first, but how many funny cops and robbers situations could they come up with?
    Terry is one of the funniest characters I've ever seen on TV, though. I'll miss him a lot. Heard in an interview where he said there was never a single scripted line in this show. They came up with certain plot points, but they left the words and a lot of the interactions to improv.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

It had its moments.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I definitely loved this show the first few seasons, but it has really run its course.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I'd watch a Terry spinoff.

9. I thought they really missed an opportunity this season when they needed two new cops. Why not make Terry one of them? Him on the force would have been hilarious.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If it was Tahoe 911, it would still be on.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

I loved this show and will miss it but .......
    Now I've discovered "Trailer Park Boys" (see my thread) on DirecTV's The 101, basically the other side of the coin of Reno 911, plus the profanity is left in.
    If you liked Reno, try TPB.

Draft saved Draft deleted