1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rene Portland out at Penn State

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

What she should have said was, "I'll take the job that bigoted bitch left. That hatemongerer. That social ethics dinosaur."

You'd have had her on Page 1 tomorrow.

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Wow. It's rare to see someone so incredibly out of his element. This is fascinating.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If Rene has any regrets, it's not hooking up with Tony Dungy when she was younger.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I do have to admit, most of y'all are doing a good job of ignoring the rancid bait. I'm proud.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Yawn, you need help.
    Badly.

6. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Honestly, the best thing PSU can do here is hire out-of-house. The last thing they need right now is a tie to Rene's tenure, especially one presumably close to Rene who'd get bombarded with questions about her legacy, blah blah. Cut ties, try to start with someone on whom those kinds of questions would be lost.

Oh, and Bubbler, I've been enjoying the Brewers photo merry-go-round these past few days.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I don't think so, Martin. McConnell-Serio is a strong enough candidate to rise above those concerns.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

danny_whitten, please pick up a white courtesy phone.

Remember that thread?

Poor danny was on a particularly bad trip that day.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed, at least in terms of dealing with the media, which has always been a strong point for McConnell-Serio. And players have always wanted to play for her, as evidenced by the tremendous talent that always found its way to Oakland Catholic. For somebody who has only been a high school and professional coach, that might help ease any concerns about her ability to recruit.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It ain't easy, but markvid summed it up nicely. Yawn needs help.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I will say this about Suzie, having dealt with her since her high school days -- she can stare a hole through your chest just like Rene.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

She's already done her share of recruiting.

Draft saved Draft deleted