1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RENAMED: Survivor "Damn, There go the new football viewers 3 wks into the Show"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Sep 2, 2010.

1. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Re: Will you watch Survivor since Jimmy Johnson's on it?

There was a really good Playboy story on Jimmy Johnson years back if my memory is correct. I'm sure somebody could find it if they're really interested in a somewhat in-depth profile.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

No - but judging from the political incorrectness running amok - I figured Naonka would blame her and start referring to her as Pogo.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Ah, now I get it. I don't know all the people by name yet, so the bit went right over my head.

ACtually, I never know everbody by name until they get down to the 15-12 range.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Make no mistake, we haven't seen the last of Shannon on CBS ... The next time they do a "Heroes vs. Villains" or All-Star type season, he'll be on it. That tribal council may have been the best in the show's history. Only one I can think of to rival it was Susan the trucker going off on Richard Hatch.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Ohhhhh, I don't know. What about the time the guy (or girl) played the fake idol and Jeff threw it in the fire. That was pretty awesome.

But Shannon did have a total meltdown. I was eating and almost choked on sandwich when he said "So, what's your story? You gay?" Then making it worse with his New York comment.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Re: RENAMED: Survivor The Asthma Field, starring Jimmy Johnson

This show reflects a scary comparison between generations. Based on the young tribe, I fear for America.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Wasn't Jimmy a psych major at Arkansas?

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Last season frequently had better tribal councils. You couldn't tell who was going to pull off the last move to get the advantage. It was a constant battle of wits.
    This is a battle of twits.

9. DanOregon

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some college study researching the effects reality shows have had on society. Bizarre and bitchy will prevail over boring and respectful every time, whether in sports, politics or entertainment.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I just watched the epispode where the crazy lady fills the guys shoes with sand and puts them in the water. From just the little bit I saw I get this about Jimmy Johnson: He is a genuinely nice guy and a good person. You can really see what made him a good coach. I think his leadership will ultimately get him voted out but I'm definitely rooting for him.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

Susan the truck driver didn't go off on Hatch. Wait, maybe she did in All-Stars. But not anything like she went off on the girl who faced him in the first Survivor finals.

12. DanOregon

Surprise - Shannon gives an interview where he said he's not a homophobe, blamed it on "the edit" and said he's no sexist - he plans to vote Palin in 2012.

Someone telling me they plan to vote for Palin in 2012 instantly puts them in a box in my mind that has no escape.

Draft saved Draft deleted