1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Renamed - sj.com II or III fantasy football league thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I've got Jessica Simpson's boyfriend and Ben Roethlisberger at QB.

Who should I start?

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Never count on Cadillac Williams. Ever.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nope, just two starting running backs and some solid fill-ins behind them. I've got a front-line quarterback (Palmer) and a couple of iffy backups.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Well let's see if old Deion can catch one friggin pass this week. I have a bad feeling that sitting Curry will burn me again.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

OK, unless Westbrook fumbles the ball while shooting his head coach (-10 I think) it looks like I'm off to a 2-0 start.

6. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I'd like to ask outofplace how he did in his league last week. Sources report that even with Carson Palmer on his team, he still got thumped. Can't be true, can it?

7. outofplace

Play in a league with me so I can whup your ass or shut the fuck up.

Seriously. When challenged to join the SportsJournalists.com money league, you talked a lot of trash, but wimped out when it came time to prove that you can actually do something anywhere but in your own little league. Then you and your NIAFL crew insisted that I am banned for all time from any NIAFL league (which is fine with me), once again hiding.

I'm a pretty mediocre fantasy football player, but I'd love the chance to see if you are the fraud I think you are even in my second-best sport.

Show some guts or shut up already.

8. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I'm a big fan of the Sharters.

You know, the team that beat you with ease this week, even though you have Carson "6 TDs and you lost" Palmer, TO and Calvin Johnson.

And what's funny is multiple members of that league came forward to offer the information. Hmmmm.

So all I can say is, Go Wheaton Icemen!

9. outofplace

Like I said...when you have the guts to actually take me on in a league, then your opinion means something.

And I was under the impression that there was a member or two of the NIAFL crew in this league, which explains why the news was passed along.

10. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Me thinks you need to check your schedule more closely, loudmouth.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

11. outofplace

Oh, are you in this one? There goes the neighborhood.

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

If there are NIAFL members in your league, that probably explains why you lost.

Draft saved Draft deleted