1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rename your NFL team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alleyallen, Sep 11, 2006.

1. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Cleveland Steamers... as in the pile we leave on the field 16 Sundays a year.

:mad:

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

End of thread. :D

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, your Tennessee Wonderlics.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The Dallas Drewsucks

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe Jim Kelly could make a comeback. He probably still has a better pocket presence than David Carr.

6. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

The Buffalo Hasselhoffs .. change the colors a little bit and have the team could come out onto the field in that KITT car

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Buffalo Scajaquadas.

Nobody can drive on that team, much less pronounce it correctly.

8. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

But winning the AFC North will be tough, always expect a fight from the Cincinnati Bow Ties ... [/40-year-old Virgin fan]

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

[​IMG]

Not only Gretzky's first pro team (and he wore 99, not 15), but also Mark Messier's. The year was 1978 and they were both only 17 years old.

[​IMG]

Nice Cooperalls, Wayne! :D

Gretzky played eight games with the Racers before being dealt to Edmonton (a salary dump, as the team was dying). Messier arrived after that and played five games. The club folded in December; Messier finished the season in Cincinnati with the Stingers, where his teammates included Mike Gartner, Robbie Ftorek and Barry Melrose.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Giants and Colts should combine franchises into one and have a quarterback named El Peyton

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Serious reply:

My favorite team is the Chargers, and I think it's an awesome nickname so I hope they never change it, but if for some reason they had to drop it and I was asked to come up with a new nickname I would suggest Zorros.

Actually, when I was working down there and taking prep football results, apparently there was a real small school down in TJ that fielded a team in the lowest level and they had the nickname.

I think it would work well in an area that has a big Hispanic influence, and the helmet logo could be a scratched out "Z" like the character's mark in the movie. And the character could lend itself well to other logo concepts. I don't know what the copyright issues would be, though.

Actually, when I was a kid, I made up my own football league to make the football board game I had a little more interesting. Some of my favorites: Chicago Rhinos, Philadelphia Americans, Tampa Bay Sea Wolves, Colorado Kodiaks, St. Louis Archers, Seattle Thunderbolts.

12. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Atlanta 187 ... rough town.

How 'bout the San Diego Impalas? Nah, not really a muscle car anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted