1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remind your kids.....please.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nobody said that. Not at all. Not even close.

What several if us are saying is on the list of things to worry about a kidnapping by a stranger is lower on the list than others.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Your mind fascinates me.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

I think the effing post title was to remind your kids about what to do in that situation at all times. Too many of those who can't get past my name missed that but what the hell. I tried to share a family situation and it was disrespected, not by all but some. So whatever, in here, it goes with the territory. For those, I just hope that the kids in your circle of existence don't have to go through this, because I think your attitude will be adjusted.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No it wouldn't.

5. printdust

printdust New Member

If we had another Matthew Shepard incident and I said those didn't happen regularly, you'd be the first to spew venom Dick. That's as bad a "hate" crime as a crime on a kid, so same treatment applies for both perpetrators. Hang em. But you'd be the first to draw a distinction, because after all, our society thinks so much of kids that we destroy them before birth.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Matthew Shepard was sold into slavery in Thailand?

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Oh, well, sold into slavery instead of being allowed to grow up in the home of your parents, that's fine.

8. Dick Whitman

You want me to change my opinion that the world is more dangerous for kids now than it was 30 years ago.

It's not.

An incident like the one you describe, happening to one of my relatives, would not change my opinion.

Not sure what my views on punishment for the (rare) perpetrator has to do with anything.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Your hysteria is humorous.

10. Dick Whitman

That pretty accurately sums up my stance.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

I'll remind you of that the next time you post something about an injustice to one of your liberal causes.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I don't mind if my kid dies, but I can't stand the thought of him dying because of a lack of a single-payer health system.

Draft saved Draft deleted