1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remember when Original New York Seltzer was the only flavored seltzer around?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Nov 7, 2019.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I was in Lincoln City, Oregon this summer... and there it was. On the shelves.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Closest batch of New York Seltzer to me is about 100 miles away at a Safeway store.
    ONYS – Always Be Original.
    I loved the Raspberry, Blueberry, and the Root Beer.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Lincoln City is very pretty. I worked for several weeks there on a $10 million beach bluff mansion. The house had a parapet wall roof, and we were placing concrete blocks weighing 60 to 100 pounds along the wall. Because they weren't made to spec, we had to cut each one down to the proper size before we could place it and level it. That was the easy part. The hard part was packing those blocks up a ladder to the roof.

Saw a whale one day.

The house was amazing inside with a winding staircase lined with books. If you picked "Through the Looking-Glass," a secret room opened.

The owner made his fortune in railroad cars and spent maybe three weeks there all year. Never met him.

Mrs. Swingline and I went back a few years ago on vacation, but I couldn't find that house at all.

exmediahack likes this.
  4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I absolutely loved the city. A welcome surprise on our trip to the region.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

One of my best friends moved to Lincoln City about 2 years ago. If you see him, say HI for me. Thanks.

6. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

My sister in law got married in Portland about 14 years ago and we visited the Oregon coast for an afternoon. We ate and walked around in a really nice little town and saw some very big, cool rock formation in the shallow water on the beach. Would that have been Lincoln City? Or another town?

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

How is that? It is beer at its core.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Calories. They're probably closer to a vodka soda than a beer. This is a pretty good explainer: How Tax Policy Gave Us White Claw

9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Alcohol is the biggest source of calories regardless of the drink. Unless the seltzering process removes all carbs from the beer, it is going to be close to the same.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I don't remember many rock formations at Lincoln City, but they're all over the place up and down the Oregon coast.

Draft saved Draft deleted