1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remember the fake Yankee Stadium proposal prank?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Circus, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I know it was posted on the board, but I'm too lazy to dig up the original thread. Here's a link to the video:

http://deadspin.com/sports/gotcha/inside-the-yankee-stadium-proposal-prank-298594.php

Well, Streety Bird got his revenge at the Wake-Maryland game by faking a halfcourt shot for money for his buddy Amir. Here's the video:

http://deadspin.com/5164205/entire-state-of-maryland-roped-into-online-prank-war

I liked it, personally. It's not as uncomfortably funny as the original proposal prank, but it's much less likely to ruin a relationship.

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Amazingly well done. I can't wait for the next step.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's hilarious. Even when you know it's coming, it's still unbelievably funny.

4. Scouter

Scouter Member

That was fucking brilliant. The look on his face when he saw Streeter was priceless.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Outstanding stuff... His look was great... Scouter's right

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

God, I about died laughing at both of those. Too funny.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

God, that is so mean.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Awesome stuff. This one looked more realistic than the Yankee Stadium prank; I thought the slap was a little bogus. Maybe not.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Effin hilarious!!! Oh man, that was good stuff. Much, much better than the Yankee Stadium prank, I think.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Given these guys' history, how could he not sniff that ANYTHING involving a stadium was going to be a setup?

11. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I don't understand why that guy pranked Rachel Maddow.

[​IMG]

12. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I'm sorry, I think the Yankee Stadium one is better. Just because Amir has to be the biggest bozo ever. He threw that ball like Stephen Hawking, and somehow in his mind he thinks he won $500K? Plus the premise of the contest was ridiculous to begin with.

Now, ruining a friend's relationship in front of 55,000 people, THAT's a prank.

Draft saved Draft deleted