1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remarkable Rolling Stone story

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WaylonJennings, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Hockey Nights is one of my favorite BASW stories of all time. Lawson is the truth.

2. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Bought the issue for the AC/DC cover story ;) but this was remarkable reporting. I only hope those who tried to help him get his meeting survived the aftermath. Takes a lot of guts to go poking around in such a volatile situation as that, and I commend him for it.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I went to a lecture last year where the guest speaker, a journalist is Ciudad Juarez, blamed NAFTA and the free-trade zones before that for the prominence of the drug cartels along the border.

4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

This article indicates it is also a result of U.S drug policy and the crackdowns in Colombia among other places. Apparently, it is very close to spilling over the border, and I'm sure it has to some degree already. Scary stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted