1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remakes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I didn't proof it and got a good laugh too arnold.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The Invasion Of The Body Snatchers remake didn't really end differently, but it handled its ending much differently.

[​IMG]

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

What's funny is that you think the you're/your part is what made the post funny.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Is Soylent Green still people?

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Dude, that's not what's funny. Again, you're missing the BIG PICTURE but that's OK. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This thread is a great remake of some of my favorite SJ pissing matches that sprouted for no real reason.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Bub, I believe there have been several Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Definitely many movies like it.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Katie Sackhoff, and she was great in the role, though it obviously wasn't the same character.

The funny thing is I've seen pictures where Benedict seemed happy enough to pose with Sackhoff since the new series started, but he also posted a rant online about the change.

http://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/home/articles-readarticle.php?nid=5

9. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Ocean's 11.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Damn good one. That was one I was trying to remember.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I found Michelle Forbes's Admiral Cain to be a really jarring change compared to Lloyd Bridges's Commander Cain.

Having said that, Jamie Bamber was nice to look at. :D

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

To get back on topic . . . The original Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 was a great flick. I have not seen the remake yet out of fear that I will be disappointed. I hate remakes.

My best example is The Manchurian Candidate.

Draft saved Draft deleted