1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remakes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

I've just seen the Taking of Pelham 1-2-3. While it was most enjoyable, the remake with Wasington and Travolta differs greatly from the original and from the book . I've Been trying to figure out other flicks that were remakes with different conclusions. Can anyone think of one?

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Not a movie, but how about having Starbuck as a female in the second incarnation of Battlestar Galactica?

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I once saw this movie called "Boots," and the sequel was ... eh, nevermind.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That barely even scratches the surface of the differences between the original series and the new one, but it was definitely a jarring change to some.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Dude, not to thread jack but you come on every post with this boots crap. It was cute for a while but it's really kind of old and very immature. I don't know what your aim is but maybe it's time to give it a rest. I know you may not understand what I'm writing about, but just a point that needs to be made.
    As for Battlestar, who was the woman who played Dirk Benedict's Starbuck?

6. ArnoldBabar

Yep, that's it. I don't understand what you're writing about. As usual, you are on the ball.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You know, I was going to put this on the "coming up SportsJournalists.com" thread, but I don't feel like resurrecting it, so I'll just post it here.

I was driving to New Haven yesterday, listening to my iPod, when "You Already Know" by 112 came on. The hook stuck with me. I think you'll see why.

"Papa comin over to give you that raw
    favorite position is from the back door,
    girl you know the drill, don't ask no questions
    You already know"

8. ArnoldBabar

I don't understand what you're writing about.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

And that's the sad part arnold. Your inability to understand is amazing. But it is what it is.

10. ArnoldBabar

Thank you for the biggest laugh I've had in ages. If I could gold plate one SJ post, that might be the one. The bad spelling just enhances it.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Your just jealous.

12. ArnoldBabar

Your right. Caught me.

Draft saved Draft deleted