1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remaining Led Zep members to tour?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear "In The Evening", "Hot Dog" (or "Carouselambra" from that album) or "Ozone Baby" or "Wearing And Tearing".

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Here's an analogy.
    Elizabeth Taylor was once one of the most beautiful, desired women on the planet. However, that does not mean I want to have sexual congress with her now.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I had tickets to see Stevie Ray Vaughan within a month of his plane crash so I understand your thinking.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This will go over like a lead balloon. [/keith_moon]

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember reading that Moon and Entwistle (sp?) desperately wanted to join Plant and Page in Zeppelin and I think Plant said they didn't need them, which prompted the comment from Moon...

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Pagey was out at a pub or somewhere after the Yardbirds had dissolved, and Entwistle and Moon were bitching about how daltrey and especially Townsend ran the Who without their input. Pagey said "hey, I wanna form a band, let's do it!" And one of them, I always thought Moon, but some say Entwistle, said, "yeah! That will go over like a fucking lead balloon!!!"

At that time, Page had yet to even try to recruit Steve marriott, who recommended Plant. Who recommended Bonham, and Jones was a session guy who wanted to be in a band, and called page when he heard Page was forming a new band.

7. Claws for Concern

If they do even a mini-tour and come to Los Angeles, I'm there.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"What's That Man Movin' Cross The Stage?
    It Looks A Lot Like The One Used By Jimmy Page
    Its Like A Relic From A Different Age
    Could Be . . . . . Oo-Ee . . . . . ."

Saw Page and Jason Bonham tour in 88 for 'Outrider' at the old Ritz in NYC. Great show in a small venue.

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

10. Claws for Concern

It's official ... one gig, two hours

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/47924605

11. Claws for Concern

They won't be the only ones playing the benefit gig, though, as Foreigner will also play. Gee, when I had the thread about bands I'd like to see on the same stage on the same night, Led Zep and Foreigner wouldn't have been bands I'd have put together. Not sure if Lou Gramm would come back for a one-night only gig, too.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Great "Venus And Mars" reference there, my man.

Draft saved Draft deleted