1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remaining Led Zep members to tour?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Sep 8, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

So says this story/blog/thingie.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsreallyweek/1545/sept-2-10-death-taxeszeppelin

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I guess Robert Plant isn't going to make John Paul Jones park cars this time...

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I may be one of the biggest Zeppelin fans ever, but the Plant/Page tour in 1995 was very mediocre...

I'll still go see this one. Although, I should probably start saving my $$$ right now... ;D

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm taking my grandmother. Woman used to clean to Zep, and she's never been to a concert unless the house band at the country bar down the street counts.

5. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Would much rather see this than the rip-off currently known as the "reborn" Van Halen.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

This is one band who, by using a son of an original band member, isn't going to suck.

I saw in the new Rolling Stone, too, that Plant and Alison Krauss have a duet album out soon.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

This rumor has been out there for a while and I recall Robert Plant saying it was not going to happen a few months ago. And the rumor circulating has nothing to do with a tour. It's a one-off gig.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I didn't realize Jason Bonham is already 41. He'll fit right in with the geezers.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

If I'm not mistaken, didn't the three Led Zep members do a one-off gig for Atlantic Records' 40th anniversary show way back when? I think Phil Collins even played drums for that one.

Edit: Collins played on the Live Aid gig. Jason Bonham played on the Atlantic gig.

10. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Ehhh, no interest. I love Led Zep, saw Plant and Page in 94 or 95....all I remember of the show is that I had shitty seats and they covered "Lullaby" by the Cure. This just reeks of a cash grab.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

They've reformed several times ... for the Atlantic Records thing ... at Knebworth in the early 90s and I think one other time.

I don't think Robert Plant's voice is good enough to carry it off well enough. Jimmy Page doesn't quite cut it as well as he once did either.

What would be cool, and it will never happen, is for them to play small clubs and only play their bluesy stuff. I can see a haggard Zep playing Since I've Been Loving You or something of that ilk, but I can't see them trying to pull of Kashmir these days.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I ha
    A Plant/Page tour just doesn't have that extra gravitas that a Led Zeppelin tour would have if they could ever agree to patch up their differences with John Paul Jones and tour.

Plant/Page = little interest. Plant/Page/Jones as Led Zeppelin? I'm saving up my money to go to the nearest venue to watch so I can say I've seen Zeppelin at least once in my life.

And yes, I know it's Jason Bonham on the drum kit. That's okay. There would be a smaller percentage of original members of Lynyrd Skynyrd on tour than of Led Zep members if the surviving members ever toured with Jason Bonham.

Draft saved Draft deleted