1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Release the hounds.....just not to Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The perfect pet for Vick:

[​IMG]

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Ape, it sounds like your dog is well-fed. ;)

Seriously, sorry you two had to go through that but happy it didn't turn out worse.

Not that it's any of my business, but I'm assuming the mastiff owner is paying your vet bills?

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

RACIST!!!!

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Fuck Michael Vick and his message-board sycophants.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So...how *exactly* do you feel about Michael Vick?

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Man, sounds like you're really into the orgies. Hey, whatever floats your boat.

7. Roob

Roob New Member

Mike actually doesn't have a weekly press conference. He speaks at his locker whenever anybody needs him - that means before and after practice Wednesday and Thursday and after practice Friday, plus after games, and if we run into him in the hallway on Monday. His pre-practice sessions are usually huge, with all the cameras and foofs, and then after practice, he's always available for the beat guys.

Love him or hate him, he's without question the most accessible superstar-ish guy I've covered. Mike's an insightful interview, too - thoughtful, substantial answers, for the most part.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I hear Vick has a fiancee. I wonder what he does to her when she doesn't perform up to expectations.

9. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

She's not skinny but she's only about 2 pounds overweight. I'm not sure if that extra little bit of fat saved her or my thought that Belle went limp when the dog got a hold of her. She didn't seem to be struggling, which may have been why the attacking dog wasn't chomping down harder. My other dog (a Boston/Jack Russell mix) would have squirmed and screamed in addition to being skinnier. If those dogs had gotten a hold of her instead, I don't think she survives.

The owner has said she will pay. I can take her to civil court if I detect trouble there.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

A difference between Michael Vick and the assholes who have dangerous dogs who act surprised at the first attack because it hasn't happened yet: Vick actually did jail time for his assholery.

(Also, what he did was like a million times worse. But those assholes still piss me off).

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

For fucking what?

For his superb play for the Dallas Cowboys?

For his great play in college in the Dallas area?

For his great play in the Super Bowl in Dallas?

For.... what?

Just out of a sparkling clear blue sky you decided you needed to give the key to the city to a dog-killing thug who lives halfway across the nation? (Who happens to play for one of your team's divisional rivals?)

Draft saved Draft deleted