1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Release the hounds.....just not to Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Dec 15, 2010.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Also reading that Orenthal wants to marry a busty blonde who likes cocaine and plugs Marcus Allen on the side.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Susan Smith wants to run the prison day care center

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Vick doesn't live in the square.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think I read today that Vick will be allowed to own a dog in something like 2012.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

WELL-PLAYED, MY FRIEND. WELL-PLAYED, INDEED...

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Orenthal wants a couple of Pez dispensers for Christmas.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know. It was the only park in Philly I could think of off the top of my head. :D

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Glad you're dog is ok ... how did it get away?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nice. Disturbing, but nice.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Applause... Well-struck. :D

11. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I pried the other dog's mouth open and my dog ran to the back porch.

I was walking both my dogs and both were on leashes. I don't have a fence either, but they're never outside without leashes. The neighbor was walking her dogs (on leashes) and since she was on the other side of my house, I didn't see them until we went around.

The rat terrier barked once, maybe twice. The other dog started to whine because she's afraid of big dogs. One or the other of those noises set off the female mastiff and she charged. The male followed and they dragged their owner, who probably doesn't weigh 100 pounds herself, about 60 feet. I tried to get my dogs out of the way but somehow, things happened way too fast and the female mastiff got a hold of my rattie by the neck.

Beating on its head and trying to strangle it didn't work but I finally got a chance to reach into its mouth. I don't know if I got a good hold or if the dog let up but I was able to get my dog out. Somehow, the male was also focused on the rattie, although he didn't get a hold of her, so my other dog wasn't injured at all.

My roommate heard the barking and thought our dogs were barking at strays. Then she heard my other dog squealing again and she opened the front door. I handed her the other dog and went looking for the rattie. She was waiting on the back porch to be let in the house and the mastiff that had a hold of her didn't see her and passed her by. Lucky that 1) my vet's office is four blocks away and 2) the mastiff only got skin and fat and not muscle.

This is my rattie, Belle, as of last night. The stint came out on Monday.
    [​IMG]

(Don't be fooled, she has all four legs; it's just that she's sitting on one of them)

She's recovering quickly and is doing most of the things she usually does before the incident. The only difference at the moment is that she gets tired a little faster. Today was the first day she wanted to walk all the way around the block instead of the corner and back.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

That seriously sucks. From one dog owner to the other, hoping for a quick recovery, both physically and mentally. The latter might be a taller order.

Draft saved Draft deleted