1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Release the hounds: Jesus' Wonderlic score ... 22!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, Mar 11, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This.

:D

2. JimmyOlson

JimmyOlson Member

Ryan Fitzpatrick scored a 48? Awesome! My Bills have the smartest QB in the league!

Hey, it's something.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not only that. Supposedly he finished the test in only 9 minutes.

4. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

According to one source, Hugh Millen had a Wonderlic score of 41. Surely you remember Hugh Millen...well, maybe if you're a Patriots fan.

We'll know in three to five years whether Tebow will be a decent NFL player, quarterback or elsewhere. What we do know is that he was a helluva college player. Whether you like that fact or not depends mainly on who you pull for; take that in as wide a context as you like.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I know it's a different test, but I wonder what kind of tree that Tebow would be?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Favre is the exception to every rule.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's not hard to get at all. Teams often leak scores of guys who they don't want to draft so people know why they're steering clear. There's a huge list of motivation for them to do it. Having covered five combines, a lot of years we had partial lists within hours of the teams getting them.

I'm guessing the three Florida teams could face some kind of backlash if pass on Tebow. It helps them to be able to say, "Not only can he not throw, he's an idiot too..."

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

“tree of the knowledge of good and evil.” Genesis 2:8-9

9. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

The tree that was cut down to make Jesus' cradle in the manger.

Or is this a trick question since Tebow created all trees in the likeness of Drew Bledsoe?

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I guess I am troubled by anything that gets printed that is suppose to be private.

Whether its a Tebow wonderlic score, Bonds grand jury testimony or some athlete sex scandal I wish newspapers would not use so many shades of gray in deciding what is appropriate.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If that's a sample, that average score is an insult to anyone over twelve years old

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How is that different from the NFL posting results from all the other tests on its website? I bet NFL players would be more embarrassed to run a 5.3 40 than to have a 22 Wonderlic score.

Draft saved Draft deleted