1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!! Gushing rivals piece on Saban

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 18, 2008.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Or five.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I noticed a photo credit on that story went to a Bama fan site.

How fuckin pissed would you be if you're the Bama Rivals site and you can't get anything more than a group gangbang with this guy, but your national writer swoops in and gets to cuddle with Nicky?

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It grieves me to say this, as it gives credibility to everything that's wrong with the system, but:

The boosters are surely getting their money's worth, this season.

4. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

There is a
    , turn, turn, turn...

5. John

John Well-Known Member

With every game Auburn has lost this season, I've become more convinced that the Tigers will beat Bama again. Nothing logical about it, but I think Auburn wins a seventh straight. And I'll be rooting for it to happen.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Stuff like that occasionally happens on a smaller scale with both football and hoops here on my State U. beat. Both coaches have, in my opinion, generally accommodating access, especially to the every day beat writers. Appropriate 1-on-1 requests are usually granted, especially to the group of us who go on the road, and I usually have no problems getting them on the phone when necessary.

But ESPN, Fox, CBS, etc... still occasionally get access that's unfair. It is what it is, I guess.

7. Hammer Pants

I've said this all season, but Auburn's mounting losses have softened my stance.

Still wouldn't shock me, though.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

to me, this is a lot different than some talking head swooping in from one of the big nets and getting a 1-on-1 the beat guys wouldn't be able to get with a million bucks. That's the perk of paying a billion bucks or so to televise the games. In a perfect world, it wouldn't happen, but it's par for the course.

But this is a writer who works for a company that owns and operates a (presumably very profitable) site covering Alabama sports. Presumably, their site produces numerous pieces of content per day without ever getting NEARLY the access the national writer got for swooping in and agreeing--implicitly or not--to blow sunshine up Saban's ass.

That, to me, is far more offensive than ESPN getting a 1-on-1 with the guy.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Most everyone will... which is why it won't. Just pray for an asskicking by the Gators

10. Hammer Pants

Considering Saban's typical access privileges, I'd day it was pretty damn implicit.

11. Hammer Pants

And for the record, Beej, I don't mind anyone else getting a 1-on-1.

It's the unbelievable inside access stories from national guys that get under my skin a little.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Kiss my ass.

[​IMG]

:D :D

Draft saved Draft deleted