1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Relationships

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bucknutty, May 31, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Post of the day.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Plus the first date Will-He-Eat-Me-Without-Getting-Head pop quiz...

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I wondered why I never got a third date with you. Listen, my cock may only be two inches, but it is a BIG two inches.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

No, honey, it's because you took me to Wiener Circle and got jealous.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

OK, OK. My bad. Sorry I brought it up.
    Back to the topic, which was drawing some good responses until some asshole (me) brought it down.

6. joe

joe Active Member

First topic I posted in when I joined was about this very subject. Two days later, she came and packed her shit up and left. After five years.
    I work at a PM now, and I don't think there's any way I'll ever go back to an AM. And, you know, try to make it work when we're 1,000 miles apart.
    My take is, you pick: your career or your relationship. The lucky few can make both work.

7. boots

boots New Member

Nurse love pain. Don't go there.
    However, they are very frisky.

8. chazp

chazp Active Member

Pun intended, I assume. Well played.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

35 years old. Never married; asked a girl but she said it wasn't the right time. Don't think I ever would've lived up to her daddy's expectations of the type of guy he wanted his only daughter to marry.

Longest relationship: 6 months. Like Liz Phair, it's always fuck and run, be it from me or from her. Meaningless sex gets old, though, so I'd really like to find someone and grow something. At least longer than 6 months.

10. chazp

chazp Active Member

That was cold, very cold.

11. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I have a unique work situation. I'm required to work 10-5 in the office five days a week, answering phones to take subscriptions and changes of address and such. Then, when interviews are at, say, 6 p.m., I have to leave "work," go to interviews, then spend all evening writing and transcribing. I go to bed at, say, 3 a.m., then get up and have to be at the office at 10 again the next morning.

I'm a writer and a freaking secretary. There are a jillion reasons why this will not change, and they are all reasons why I'll be looking elsewhere this time next year.

I know that the next job will require me to still work crazy hours. I find it very hard to believe they will be anything resembling this job.

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

If by "unique" you mean "fucked up beyond what is anything even close to reasonable," then yeah, your job is that. IMO, you are the only person who ever has the right to complain about their journalism job. You win and we can now stop taking entries. Kids in sweatshops look at you and say, "damn."

Draft saved Draft deleted