1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reilly's Kaepernick column

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Jan 30, 2013.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Sort of shitty to write something like this the week of the game. After the game, fine.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

He also apparently picked the Ravens to win by a point in overtime (35-34), which I'm not sure is even possible.

3. 93Devil

Did he mention how the 49ers will forfeit in overtime?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

49ers would score on opening possession of OT to go up 34-27. But Ravens would get at least one chance and they go down and score then go for the 2 and make it.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Opening TD in OT would end the game, would it not?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No. Touchdown ends it. Game only extends if first team scores a field goal.

I saw mention of that prediction too but I can't find any confirmation of it. Would love to see that but I think it's just an urban legend about Reilly.

7. 93Devil

The 49ers could kick a field goal, then when on defense, Jim Marshall takes a fumble the wrong way and runs out of the end zone.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Huh. Oh well, I thought other team gets a chance be it FG or TD.

That being said, it's a stupid fucking rule that a TD automatically ends it but a field goal doesn't.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Awesome.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Ok, so Ravens kick a 45-yard field goal on the opening possession of OT, then the ensuing kickoff is returned for 90 yards to the Ravens 10. On first down, Kaepernick throws an INT that Ed Reed intercepts at the 1-yard line and tries to lateral to Ray Lewis. Lewis is tackled in the end zone by Frank Gore for a safety. Ravens win 35-34.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

One-point safety?

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

No, think about it. Ravens go up three on the FG, then give the Niners two when they're tackled for a safety on the INT.

Final margin would be one. Correct?

And before it comes up, anyone who believes there is no chance Ed Reed would lateral there should watch more footage of Ed Reed.

Draft saved Draft deleted