1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reilly's Kaepernick column

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Strawberry?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Lofton.

It's just a rumor, but there is a bit of a resemblance and the timing fits.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You are being very generous by calling that a "rumor" and ridiculous by posting it here.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

::)

5. You mean a guy who showed up drunk in the LSU press box with his girlfriend shouldn't be moralizing?

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree with this. I actually liked the column while Reilly talked about how Colin is adopted and how the process went from the start. I would have been fine if he'd mentioned Colin hasn't talked to his birthmom, but that's as far as it should have gone IMO. To belittle Colin in any way for not calling his birthmom during the biggest week of his young life is bush league, to me.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Reilly likes this kind of grandstanding at the Super Bowl.
    He did something similar with Isaac Bruce in Atlanta years ago.
    Challenged him on his religion in regard to Bruce's outlook on the Columbine massacre.

8. printit

printit Member

What a crock. Who the hell appointed Rick Reilly king of this? Adopted kids have different opinions on this issue, and that's fine. Absolutely not his business what Kaepernick chooses to do.

9. GidalKaiser

GidalKaiser Member

Too preachy. Reilly hasn't been good in a long time.

10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

I keep forgetting Reilly is still writing.

11. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

This comment sums up my feelings on the matter. This really is not anyone's business other than Colin Kaepernick's.

12. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

Man, now I'm going to have to dust off the Life of Reilly in here and read it before bed. My favorite one was the one on Columbine. He was so good back in the day and growing up I always wanted to write like Reilly.

Draft saved Draft deleted