1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reilly re-distributing baseball's MVP awards

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

I think they are, though. And so they should be. Just as hockey writers, especially those in Canada, see themselves as stakeholders in that sport. When a sport becomes so inexorably connected with a nation's culture, you can't help but have those kinds of attitudes.

2. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I'm not arguing against the existence of the hall of fame, i think it's a great museum and a good thing to stress. i'm only saying i'm tired of the hand-wringing ahead of these elections five, 10 years down the road. let the voters decide if they want to let a-rod in, or bonds. i think the effect this has had on the game's history is more important than who gets a plaque in upstate NY. i just think the HOF gets too much emphasis when debating this news.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that doesn't carry a ton of perspective. how many guys get to MLB without talent?

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

This dipshit is hitching his wagon to Pujols???

Whhhuuuuuuaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i apologize for my snappiness. i really do.

but isn't the HOF the ultimate for any player who's very good or better?

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Reilly is Mays on the Mets.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

This is begging for a joke about the Mets, but I can't seem to pull the trigger.

To get to the MLB, you're going to need talent, but it takes a different kind of hitter to slug home runs. Dustin Pedroia isn't going to start using PEDs and crank out 500-foot shots over the Green Monster. It takes a special breed of player to have that innate ability.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

like brady anderson?

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

AP poll: 62 per cent of SportsJournalists.com posters believe Cousin Jeffrey's opinions on this thread should make him ineligible for Hall of Fame consideration.

kidding ;)

10. Rumpleforeskin

Touche, salesman.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

damn, you stopped me before i could pull the bret boone trigger. ;)

12. Rumpleforeskin

There will be a place and time for that.

Draft saved Draft deleted