1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reilly-Patrick I -- This Time, It's Insignificant.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Meee-fucking-yeeeoww!

http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/2007/11/patrick-v-reilly.html

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Good for Boomer asking those questions.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Way to go, Boomer. I mean, it's obvious listening to Rick that he absolutely kisses the NBA's ass, but can he HOST a prime-time program dealing with it? He might not have the on-air presence that some of his columns do.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/48098/">
    This topic was covered last week on this thread.</a>

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm on Team Dan.

6. Dignan

Dignan Guest

The Boomer Esiason Show?

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

You think Reilly kisses the NBA's ass? I don't see that. He's never shown any extensive knowledge of the NBA at all. In fact, I think he's into superstars more than the actual sports they play. He's the type who would hang out with Schilling, but couldn't tell you who the Red Sox setup man is, for instance. But I do agree with you that Reilly might not be as effective on the air as he is in print.

8. The dude's got a fetish for anyone who pays attention to the NBA, and as you pointed out, Reilly is not one of those people.

Save for the nets movement and the Jordan column from 2001, I can't even recall the last time he even wrote about the NBA. Steveu's just a freak for this stuff; if Beano Cook gets arrested for indecent exposure next week at a Shoney's, Steveu will have the first reply in a post talking about how he knew Beano was going downhill once he started talking too much about Baron Davis.

9. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

The fact that Boomer Esiason was interviewing Dan Patrick says something significant about our industry. I'm not sure what that thing is, though.

10. That it's all turned into a big fish market?

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Reilly/Patrick I: Pillow Fight in the Penthouse.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It will be interesting to see if Patrick is a better columnist than Reilly is on TV...

Everything Patrick said is accurate...

Draft saved Draft deleted