1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reilly nails it

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lone star scribe, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No. There's not a lot of really good writing over there.

There's a lot of "not bad" writing. A lot of "I'll bet you were pretty damn good in your previous job" writing. Not a lot of really good writing. And it's precisely because there's so much of it.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Took your advice, read it, have no idea why that's supposed to be a grand slam.

Owners are far richer than the also-rich players, players risk their health and have shorter careers, therefore we should cheer for players in labor dispute. Isn't that about it? A valid opinion, but one I've already seen expressed plenty by others and in no better terms. Seemed like a standard mail it in job to me.

3. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

If only someone would write about this from the fans' perspective!</insertbluefont>

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Tommy Craggs should do some research to see home many times Rick Reilly has used the "telethon" smack when talking about a rich sports figure wanting more money.

Draft saved Draft deleted