1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reign Over Me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Just saw a preview for this movie..........looks very good.

Question is: In the clip I saw, Hootie is doing a song I recall........any help?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

didn't know he sang...

[​IMG]

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

uh.....

Hootie and the Blowfish

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ahhhh.... little more clarity, please...

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Second that.

6. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

The movie looks pretty interesting. Cheadle and Sandler are two of my favorites.

7. statrat

statrat Member

I've been wondering if this movie was recut. I remember being at the theater a few months ago and seeing a preview for it where it looked like Adam Sandler was a guy who found his way back into Don Cheadle's life and began ruining it. Now it looks like a sweet friendship story. Maybe I just got things completely wrong when I saw the preview.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think you got it completely wrong... I remember hearing about this when they signed Sandler to do it. It was big news because he was taking another shot at drama...

I liked him in Punch-Drunk Love and thought Spanglish was underrated... I like Sandler a lot, but it's been awhile since I liked one of his comedies. 50 First Dates was a cute date flick, but Click was dreadful...

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

uh.......

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

anyone else thinking that in this movie sandler looks like dylan circa 'blonde on blonde'?

11. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

No desire to hear the movie, however Pearl Jam do quite a good version of the "Quadrophenia" power ballad for the soundtrack.

12. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I think you got it right. I remember seeing a preview like that, but the new trailer is a lot different. I think they're just trying to appeal to a different audience.

Draft saved Draft deleted