1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reid: Gundy's rant ruined my life

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Go to Rutgers, you're bound to find more than 10 people familiar with this rant YouTube there. Easily.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Seriously, Oz. They might have seen or heard the rant on YouTube.
    They'd still have trouble telling you who Mike Gundy or Bobby Reid is.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No offense, but there's a lot more to the country than a 100-mile radius around NYC.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

LIAR!

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

My point, chick, is that while Gundy's rant might have become a YouTube phenomenon, the entire situation is not in any way a national story.

Oh, and there's a lot more to the country than Backwater, er, Stillwater, Okla-fucking-homa.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, but Self's wife hates Lawrence.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You're right. It's a national story -- for the YouTube angle -- save for the Tri-State Area.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm betting, Oz, there ain't too many people in Boston, Washington, Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles who give a shit about Mike Gundy or Bobby Reid.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm betting, spnited, there ain't too many people in Washington, Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles who give a shit about what happens in New York and Boston.

This is fun.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And I'm betting, spnited, there ain't too many people in Boston, Washington, Miami, Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles who give a flip about Isiah Thomas or the Knicks.

But both the Knicks and Oklahoma State will both hit national wires in their own way, whether it's because of a college football interest or an NBA interest. Those who want to read it have it there for their consumption; those who don't care will pass.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

But we all think it's cute when y'all get all worked up every time it snows.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

SJNY.com will not be pleased.

Draft saved Draft deleted