1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rehoming or how the demons drove me mad and made me give up my kids

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Mar 11, 2015.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Astonishing story out of Arkansas about rehoming, or the practice of adopting children and then giving them away to people.

It seems that rehoming is not illegal despite what most people think at first glance.

This case has taken a case for the demonic as it seems the wife believed the three daughters they had adopted have telepathic powers and were possessed by demons. So after their various casting out spells and things didn't work, one of the daughters went to a foster family, while the other two were rehomed and given to an employee. The father owned and operated a daycare.

Then things take a tragic turn and the employee rapes one of the girls, who, at the time, was around 4, he goes to prison and the two sisters then go to another foster family.

But, I'm not done.

The father is a state legislator who used political pressure to adopt the sisters, to the point of threatening to hold the Human Services budget up unless the adoption was approved. And, not to get political, but the father is a member of the Jesus First caucus who recently introduced legislation that would require people to say "Merry Christmas" at the holidays because, you know, the War on Christmas

Just read the story.

Casting out demons: why Justin Harris got rid of kids he applied pressure to adopt | Cover Stories | Arkansas news, politics, opinion, restaurants, music, movies and art

Draft saved Draft deleted