1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rehoboth Beach or Ocean City

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KP, Aug 2, 2008.

1. KP

KP Active Member

Going on vacation down to Baltimore/Washington in a couple weeks and as KP, Miss KP and Little KP start trekking back north we are thinking about doing a beach day. So which is better, OC or RB (strictly during the day, the night scene doesn't matter in this instance)?

Thanks

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

KP: Hit one of the other Delaware beaches, Dewey or Bethany. More family friendly, albeit smaller.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I vote Ocean City ... New Jersey.

4. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

Can't vouch for Rehoboth because it's been years since I've been there.

However, if you want to explore Ocean City as a whole, a $2 fare on the bus gives you 24-hour access to a bus that runs every five minutes or so. If I drove there, I'd park my car at the hotel/bed and breakfast and wouldn't drive it again until I had to go back home.

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

As a veteran of Delaware beaches, I would say go to Dewey Beach, unless you want the young'uns to be subjected to things they really shouldn't see at a young age. Rehobeth has changed since I was a child and not for the best. If nothing else, drive two hours north to Avalon/Stone Harbor.

6. d. cape may, unless you wanna see guys walking around with their junk out and trolling for dates.....then i'd say rehoboth.

7. forever_town

I don't think the guys in Rehoboth are looking for Mr. Right. They're looking for Mr. Right This Minute.

8. KP

KP Active Member

Never knew Rehoboth was a P-town of the Mid-Atlantic.

Thanks for the pointing out the other Ocean City, Inky.

9. forever_town

I don't think "P-town" even begins to cover it.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If you go to Ocean City, Md., you'll probably see my mom. That's all I've got really.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I went to Ocean City once. It was a great beach. You can't go wrong.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Free needles.

Draft saved Draft deleted