1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rehab... Your Not Angry!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by eiregi, Apr 26, 2013.

1. eiregi

eiregi Member

Backstory.... Totally stressed out for 5 years and self medicating. I just went through a six month rehab inpatient/outpatient. Still seeing a doctor for mental health. AA is still a trigger (the Catholics had a 40 year start)... but I'm not angry... Yes I lost my job... still be paid on severance (6 months), medical covered it. They want to know what my anger is... I don't have an answer... You people seem like descendants from thee isle of misfit toys... any advice? Maybe this should be posted on the Politics thread...

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Call the Irony Police. We need a ruling.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Two questions:

1. What do you mean "AA is still a trigger?"
    2. Who is "they?" As in "They want to know what my anger is."

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If I was your doctor, I'd prescribe Xanax and say, "You're welcome..."

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

.... um, I'd hate to tell you this ....

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

fnord

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I thought Festivus wasn't until December?

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I certainly have a lot of problems with you people

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Why refuse to go to a counselor? That's what they are there for.

These times are fucked up. And nobody is a loser for consulting a real pro.

10. eiregi

eiregi Member

I'm seeing a shrink... have done AA and SOS in the past, (not just once did AA for 4 years including the 90 in 90). I just went through with some bad stuff with basically seeing my father die a very slow death that took 5 years of my life... Did the Xanax route, stopped but my blood pressure was 213 over 117 when I finally got help... (the Doc said "a hummingbird on meth"). I cannot reconcile AA with my Catholic beliefs and SOS is just an offshoot of AA. At a loss maybe... I'm afraid of what I was is no longer who I am and that worries me...

11. eiregi

eiregi Member

The shrink is looking for anger... I know he wants a release but I honestly don't have it...

12. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Many churches sponsor AA groups. Sometimes, that means the "higher power" talk is shaded toward that denomination's theology. Have you asked your priest if there's a Catholic-friendly group near you?

Draft saved Draft deleted