1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Regifting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Dec 27, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This one's from a couple of years ago, but it's so good, it's worth re-giving again:

Peter King's bathroom habits are truly the gift that keeps on giving.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/03/27/mmqb/1.html

“I was scheduled for a colonoscopy on Thursday in West Paterson, N.J. If you've had one, or if you've had any intestinal procedure, you know that the day before such an internal snaking you've got to be, well, cleaned out. One problem for me: On Wednesday, I was covering the Vince Young workout in Austin. My cleanout was due to begin at 1 p.m. My flight was due to leave Austin three hours later, and I was scheduled to get home by 8. In other words, I was not going to have the home-bathroom advantage for a good portion of the internal preparation.”

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I have rescheduled a colonoscopy twice in the last two months to ensure, um, home-bathroom advantage. He'd get no sympathy from me.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The gift that keeps giving. MMQB is a treasure trove of gifts.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Chocolate-covered coffee beans and yogurt-covered pretzels for all!

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My SS regifted me a great shirt that I certainly wouldn't find this far south of the Mason-Dixon Line. I've worn it three times since I got it. I absolutely love it. He told me in a note that it was a regift. I just wish the bastard would've told me he lived where he does, so we could've had a couple of beers while I was in his neck of the woods.

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

OnePeterKingOneCup.com

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If anything will shut down the Internets, it would be that.

8. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Let me guess...he missed his flight because his daughter had to stop for yogurt covered pretzels.

Draft saved Draft deleted