1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reggie Bush is going to lose his Heisman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scribbled_Notz, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I think SMU got hit so hard because they not only cheated, and got caught, but lied to the NCAA during the investitgation, and continued to cheat while the investigation was going on.

Having said that, if the NCAA is always concerned about "extra benefits" for athletes, then why not let each athlete earn whatever the marketplace wants to give him. Any other student can have people loan them money. If someone wants to give Bush a car, let them. I'm no athlete, but when I went away to college, a neighbor of my parents sent me homemade cookies several times. If I was an athlete, that would have been an NCAA violation.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You guys look like a couple of dorks.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Weber State is so screwed... OK, more screwed than normal, but you catch the drift

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The NCAA will force Cleveland State to start a football program, then immediately give it the death penalty.

5. Well, they may not have any choice now. Yahoo moved the story forward today. Apparently the investigators heard tapes of Reggie incriminating himself. Can't see how the NCAA can get out of letting Bush AND Southern Cal off. Someone is going to have to take the fall. I still thinki it's gonna be Bush and that Heisman.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AnCQNp36uHId1KZQ32jNpmY5nYcB?slug=ys-bush110807&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If they want back to the 50's the DAC would have to take them all back.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

At this point in his life, more than midway through his NFL career, a lucrative if spotty one, why should Bush CARE what happens to his Heisman Trophy?

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why should Bush have his Heisman taken away?
    There are a few Heisman winners who have ended up in jail and still have their trophies. Bush did nothing criminal.
    This is total bullshit.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

OJ thinks this is the right call.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Does Mike Garrett have to give his back, too?

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Where you "end up" 5, 10 or 20 years later is of no consequence.

But if you are ruled to have been ineligible WHILE YOU WERE WINNING the trophy, then you don't get to keep the trophy.

Draft saved Draft deleted