1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reggie Bush is going to lose his Heisman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scribbled_Notz, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I know Cleveland State gets hammered whenever Kentucky violates in basketball. Who gets it for USC in football? Cal Poly-SLO?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Heisman Trophy is not awarded by the NCAA. If the Downtown Athletic Club wants to revoke it, that's up to them.
    I have come to one conclusion about college athletes. If the "scandals" don't hurt anyone, who gives a shit? Getting paid for doing something well is a good thing, not bad. Assaulting women in dorms, that's bad.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

What does OJ being a criminal have to do with his winning of a Heisman?

Jesus, I hate how every time this topic comes up, people just rant about OJ. Yeah, OJ should be in jail. I get it. He is a murderer. But that doesn't have a damn thing to do with his playing days at USC.

4. The NCAA doesn't have the nerve to vote itself out of business, like it should.
    How many buffet lines in Indianapolis did Reggie Bush help pay for?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Bingo!

6. Love it, Batman. Never really had anything against USC until I started encountering some of their alums while covering pro sports and now that I live in PAC 10 country. And it just drives me crazy how snotty they are towards LSU and the SEC. Really really nasty. So I'd LOVE for them to get titles stripped.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It goes both ways, though. LSU fans have blasted USC ever since the split national championship, like this was the first time that ever happened with the polls. As Les Miles' preseason comments indicated, they just can't let it go.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Bingo. Beat me to it, Del.

Either them or San Diego St.

11. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

These topic titles really reflect the biz as a whole
    Big headlines grab readers' attention and sell the product

I doubt Reggie Bush will lose his Heisman Trophy.
    It would be so unprecedented.
    Does anyone think Eric Dickerson and Craig James weren't being paid money while at SMU.
    And those guys aren't in any way tainted today. Both are lauded for their past performances.
    Losing the Heisman just ain't gonna happen.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Bitchslapped Alabama pretty good a few years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted