1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reggie Bush is going to lose his Heisman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scribbled_Notz, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Yahoo Sports says the guy that gave Reggie money in college sat down with the NCAA for SIX HOURS on Tuesday. I'm guessing they weren't discussing China patterns.

I bet USC skates, but Reggie gets his statistics stripped...leading the Heisman committee to take away his little statue.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=ArHSCw4288NCQpIihKcyaG05nYcB?slug=ys-bush110607&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

What do you mean by skates? This could be a loss of insitutional control, if the NCAA can prove some of these claims. You think SC didn't see all the nice stuff he had while he was there? The coaches who recruited him knew his family didn't have that kind of money.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Will OJ handle the repossesion of the trophy?

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

$50,000 payment in a billion dollar industry will lose you your Heisman.

Double murder won't.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So we've had the USC three-peat, which by AP standards was a two-peat, but in reality was a one-peat. Does this make it a no-peat? [/LSUfanboy]

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

As I said on the other thread about this ... Reggie should have paid these people. But then, it occurs to me that the Heisman may not be that important to him. Let'em have it.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No way the DAC takes away his Heisman. Not gonna happen.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Oh no!! Not lack of institutional control!!!

They'll lose about three scholarships for two years. Big fricken whoop.

Until the NCAA deploys teeth to back its policies, no one's going to worry too much about violating them. Look at KU. They are smack in the middle of serving a "lack of institutional control" sentence and I think they're surviving.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

NCAA doesn't have the nerve to bitchslap Southern Cal as they should be bitchslapped.

Don't. Have. The. Guts.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Unless and until the double murderer has his HT stripped, Reggie Bush (and Billy Cannon) have nothing to worry about.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If I was at SMU I'd be really nervous right now.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

No shit, he supposedly was given new cars and around $300,000 in cash or other benefits in just a couple years at USC. And the school never saw anything that raised suspicions? Never asked any questions about it whatsoever? Yeah, I think a solid institutional control case could be made IF the NCAA is interested in going that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted