1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reggie Bush is further screwed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 27, 2007.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Loss of scholarships, visits reduced, two-year bowl ban. Pac-10 did it to Washington in 1993, which was riding almost just as high then as USC is now, for far less serious violations.

This is on top of Duane Jerrett's sweetheart rental deal, and other recent SC brushes with the NCAA.

2. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Also one of my favorite sports lines.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Not to be argumenative or anything, but isn't all punishment retroactive?

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

A good point.

As someone who was rooting hard against the Saints, and who lost his cable modem for a week because some moron in my aparment complex was attempting to steal cable and thus knocked out the cable of a bunch of rooms, including mine, I haven't had the privelidge of properly gloating on the 25-point ass-whipping (sorry, Football B) the Bears laid down on the Saints.

To listen to the rationalizations of the Saints-adoring media, even a week later, is absolutely sickening. YOUR TEAM GOT ITS ASS BEAT, MEDIA CLOWNS. DEAL WITH IT. F'ing Chris Landry and John Fricke are still trying to say ridiculous crap like the Saints gave the game away. Notice: You don't give away 25 point losses, they are forcibly taken from you. Jeez, shut the f*ck up, already.

Reggie Bush, here's to you and your stupid taunting. 23 unanswered points later, you're going home, and now this money-taking story can again rear its head.

It's been a tough year, Reggie. I'm really sorry for you (blue font). But hey, if you're going to be Jesus in Cleats, I guess you have to be prepared to be crucified, eh?

F Bush and the media enablers. He wasn't even the best rookie on his own team.

5. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Rok - Do you really think the taunting was the turning point? Disagree.

What about the punt that pinned them deep, which led to a safety?
    What about the long missed field goal?

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Nah, I'm just being a dick. :)

I think it was the safety. But the defense was pissed off, for sure. I don't think it's an accident that N.O. didn't score after that flip.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

RokSki being a dick... now there's something new ::)

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Sounds like a scoop, if you ask me ;)

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I thought Bob Costas nailed it on Inside the NFL, when he said Bush apologized and we should move on to that ass clown Bill Belichick.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Good call by Cost-ass. Belichick is a serial dick, Bush hasn't displayed Billy's longevity in that department.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

NFL has fined Bush $5,000 for his taunt in the Bears game.

Personally, I think it's weak. I know what Goodell is trying to do, but 5K? Total 'take a stand' fine.

Well, some rebuke is better than none, I guess. But I wouldn't have fined him. Who gets the next fine? The Pats for mimicking Merriman?

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Though Bush has shown a severe lack of good judgment at times, both at USC (money) and with the Saints (taunting).

Draft saved Draft deleted