1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reggie Bush in the 07 Draft?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jim Halpert, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Jim Halpert

Jim Halpert Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhzU_4._8OGFccRancAvGZE5nYcB?slug=jc-bush072106&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I've read where he wants No. 1 pick money. Doesn't work that way Reggie.

4. Chuck~Taylor

The best player in the draft deserves No. 1 pick money.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Some people thought Vince Young was the best player in the draft ... should he get No. 1 money? When does it end?

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah and he went no. 2. Tough fucking shit.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Texans didn't believe he was the best player in the draft. And yet, the Saints said they were willing to sign him to No. 1-type money. Supposedly, Bush said that's not enough. He doesn't want to make the same amount as Mario Williams. He wants more than that. A lot more.

And that's a shame, If Bush wants to endear himself to the people of New Orleans even moreso than some of the charity that he's done so far, then he needs to sign ASAP. When he's complaining about money and people around him simply can't wait for a roof to be placed on top the house again, that's a problem. He comes off as an asshole.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I don't think he should take less money because the Texans are fucktards, but he is running a bigger risk of pissing people off than his agent seems to think.

9. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Maybe this is why the Texans took Mario Williams? Perhaps they figured Bush would be a pain to deal with?

10. Chuck~Taylor

Believe me, if Bush was with the Texans, hey would've already signed a deal.

11. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

If Bush would've had agreed to a deal before the draft (like Williams did) he'd be a Texan.

12. Chuck~Taylor

........damn...forgot about that.....I'll be leaving now....

Draft saved Draft deleted