1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reggie Bush Fined $5,000 for Bears Game Taunt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Adewale Ogunleye was going to, but Bush went to the ref and said, "Get this guy away from me."

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The real fine is that he looks like an immature jerk for celebrating before the game was over and then having his and his team's ass kicked. His team lost the game and got spanked and outside of 1 spectacular play, he was unremarkable.

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Personally, I thought running roughshod over Bush's team for the rest of the game was a solid rebuttal.

And I still want to know why Bush never got flagged for doing SOMERSAULTS into the end zone in college, while Ohio State's Santonio Holmes got flagged for it twice - once after diving BETWEEN TWO DEFENDERS against Michigan - and the other against Notre Dame in last year's Fiesta Bowl.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Because Pac 10 coaches are cooler.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Except refs, you know, don't call penalties.

I along with curbstomping the Saints, someone on the Bears should have blasted Bush's punk ass for that asshole display. He'd learn a lesson, too: If I don't want to be hit so hard that I see LenDale White starting ahead of me, I won't act like a jerk on the field.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

He's so CLASSY!

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If he gets flagged for taunting on his way into the end zone, wouldn't that be a spot foul that wipes out the touchdown? If not it should be.

Imagine the shitstorm that would have occured if THAT happened.

8. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Devin Hester made a "come-and-get-me" gesture on his second kick return for a TD against the Rams (about as classless as Bush's pointing). But I don't think he was fined.

I think the Bush fine was more for the dive than the point.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I will echo an earlier statement: The fact that the Bears proceeded to kick the shit out of the Saints after this play speaks much, much louder than a 5,000 dollar fine, which Bush apparently has been able to afford for four years now.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

He's done the dive in college and from the moment he came to the NFL. It was for pointing at the Bears.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting for the day some showboat is cruising into the end zone, high-stepping, waving the ball back in the defense's face, and one (or several ) DBs catch up with him in the end zone and just absolutely decapitate him with a tomahawk clothesline right across the helmet, and leave him lying in dreamland in the end zone.

:D :D :D

Draft saved Draft deleted