1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reggie Bush can't outrun the league

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by thegrifter, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Just wait until someone tries to bring back Walter Payton's Kangeroo shoes.

[​IMG]

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I thought Manning screwed up in a classic case of forgiveness being easier to get than permission. He shouldn't have asked to wear the high-tops, just done it and let the NFL deal with the PR nightmare, which would have been worse if they'd actually fined him.

It's not surprising given the uniform nazi in every press box each week, but I know this is a classic slippery-slope situation.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Well, they are black cleats ;)

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

can you imagine the backlash if baseball did something like this?

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

This is total bullshit. I fucking hate dress restrictions. Adidas is a major name in sports and I'm sure Reggie Bush isn't the first athlete to wear adidas stuff.

Fuck the NFL.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

[​IMG]

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Not the police, the NFL. :D

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

if Addidas keeps picking up the tab, he should keep wearing the shoes. you can't buy that type of publicity, especially after the type of game he had. Maybe even get Addidas tattoed on his forehead for postgame interviews.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

NEWSFLASH: Michael Vick doesn't wear shoes since his feet never touch the ground

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

how's that revolution working out?

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

People are just now realizing this?

It's been going on at least since Jim McMahon was fined for wearing an Adidas headband in 1985.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wow, big props for the Kangaroos reference. Shoes with pockets! I loved mine, even after I discovered the pockets wouldn't hold more than a quarter. (Hey, I was 12 years old ...)

Draft saved Draft deleted