1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

reggaeton

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Dec 25, 2007.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

My peeps are Celts and Brits who got their ass kicked in the Civil War. Rightly so, I might add.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Basically, my cash went to food (and a lot of times that consisted of cookies and patties), rent, Red Stripe and spliffs. Everything else was pretty much free i.e. rides to every assignment (you had to be driven by company drivers), entrance into shows and dancehalls, etc.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Do you know of any music from German-Welsh artists?

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I think Gillian's Welsh. She has some sweet, ample hips, too.

German? Charlie Robison has a great song about being a German-Texan: "Indianola" on the "Life of the Party" album.

5. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

All I know is that it is EXTREMELY popular with the young college ladies where I live. Good stuff to dance to.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

All reggaeton needs to break into the mainstream is another Vanilla Ice or Elvis Presley.

Of course, we gringos here deep in the hearta' are still waiting for the norteno Pat Boone.

(Stupid SportsJournalists.com won't let me add the tilde.)

7. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I don't care much for reggaeton music. But I would tap most of the chix on the reggaeton compilation CD covers.

8. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I think its pretty awful music, but hey, it gets the ladies going in the clubs so I deal with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted