1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Refereeing hijinx

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Dec 3, 2008.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I played with a friend who was the best youth goalie I've ever seen. He was legendary in town for one red card. A forward had been knocking him around during the game and my buddy was getting pissed off. The other team crossed it in front of the net, the forward went up to head it.. and my friend punched in the face as hard as he could. He was hoping it would look like he went for the ball. It didn't.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm going to keep the '80s movie theme going here and say: Outing alert...Webster is the Motorcycle Boy. :D

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Player.

Had a varsity game last night....home coach is down a dozen to a team they should be beating by 3 dozen, and is starting to get a little chippy.

I'm lead in a 3-man crew, and he calls timeout, comes up to me and says "Would you please call the fouls on both ends of the floor?"

I look at him, and said "Look at the scoreboard"

Fouls at that point were 5-4.

Never said a fucking word to me after that.

4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Thanks. Saw it posted on an officiating message board I frequent. Great stuff.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

12 + years has to be a record in between threads.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I was halfway through the first page of the thread before I realized it was one from 2008, which had me thinking "What bozo bumped up a 12-year-old thread." Then I read that article and it was well worth it, especially with the final story.

And he also identified the most difficult coach (by miles) as Bo Pelini. What a shock!

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Haha. I actually thought it was from 2018, not 2008. Oops. It seemed to be the best topical fit via the resurrected search function.

Draft saved Draft deleted