1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reese Witherspoon Arrested for Disorderly Conduct

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Pictured: Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth pose for mugshots after actress is arrested for 'disorderly conduct and resisting an officer' as husband is apprehended for DUI
    Reese was arrested for 'disorderly conduct'
    Husband Jim was reported to have blown .139 on the sobriety test
    The couple were released on bail early on Friday morning
    Will face court on Monday in Atlanta
    Reese said to the arresting officer: 'Do you know my name? You’re about to find out who I am.'
    PUBLISHED: 17:34 EST, 21 April 2013 | UPDATED: 19:14 EST, 21 April 2013

Reese Witherspoon was arrested for disorderly conduct after allegedly resisting the orders of a police officer in Atlanta, Georgia, on Friday night.
    The actress was jailed along with husband James Toth after he failed to pass a sobriety test.
    The city’s Department of Corrections confirmed that the couple were arrested after Toth was stopped by a patrol car under suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.

According to a police report obtained by Variety, Reese was handcuffed and briefly jailed for refusing to obey orders given to her by an officer of the law.
    Her husband was also put under arrest for a blood alcohol level reported to be .139, well above the legal limit of 0.08.
    Reese, 37, and Toth, 42, were released on bail at 3:30 in the morning on Friday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2312672/Reese-Witherspoon-Jim-Toth-pose-mugshots-actress-arrested-disorderly-conduct-resisting-officer-husband-apprehended-DUI.html#ixzz2R9CdfStw
  2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, ND, you have someone to play with now!
  3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

5 months between posts, can we go 10 next time?
  4. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Nice mugshot Reese! What a total and complete witch...
  5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

As I commented on a friend's FB post, they need to be more specific than just "Peachtree Street."
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

From the police report:

Also known as:

"Park your ass and shut the fuck up!"
  7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If she'd been busted in Tennessee, she could've been charged with DUI too as a passenger.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Gotta love those Green Hills girls, standing up for their men in time of need.

[/childhood experience]
  9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

"Arrested for," again. Sigh, again.
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Homey ain't playing no games ...

The officer’s report further details: ‘Mrs. Witherspoon asked, “Do you know my name?” I answered, “No, I don’t need to know your name.” I then added, “right now.” Mrs. Witherspoon stated, “You’re about to find out who I am.” ’

According to the arresting officer: ‘Mrs. Witherspoon also stated, “You are going to be on national news.” I advised Mrs. Witherspoon that was fine.’
  11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I have never seen Reese as anything but a blonde. Is that black her natural color, or is she going Goth?
  12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted