1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reduced SJ membership by ~1/3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

AlleyAllen, I think?

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I sure as hell hope not - his Facebook feed indicates he's very much alive.
    But I do think you're right, there's another one.

3. Moderator1

It was actually a moderator action that led us toward becoming friends. Before I'd totally outed myself, before we connected on Facebook, he got pretty heated one night and was "asked" to take some time off. Not by me, this was before I had admin responsibilities.

Anyway, he sleuthed it out and got an email address for me (not the SJModerator at aol one) and opened with "this is the hardest I've worked to say 'fuck you' to someone!" He did it in a way that drew a laugh and we had a good conversation that became a who you know in the business and on and on and on. He was one of my first Facebook friends.

I was thinking today after reading all the this happened/that happened posts on the other thread. No shit a lot has happened. We've been around a while. If you had a kid the year this site started, you'd be preparing that kid for high school now. The site has hang time and will continue to hang because at its core, through changes and problems and squabbles, it is a good place with mostly good people.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

How about sportswriter?

That probably adds to the cryptic tone of this part of the thread.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Larry Eustacy

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

All true. And when you see posts from spnited, SF_Express and the others today, it's still sound advice, as if from that big newsroom in the sky ...

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Great story Moddy. Thx for posting. We've been around so long we can now adequately evaluate the 2003 NFL draft to
    Tim's standards.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I thought I started Brenda and Eddie.

9. Moderator1

Damn. Time does fly. I thought we had another year for that.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Hammered, full of antibiotics and my recollection could very well be off, but seems Saturday mornings spnited and Fenian would be most likely be logged on.

I'm in the same demo, and it was fun riffing off stuff until more members came online and the conversations shifted, which was fine. The Lennon Sisters and which one we liked best was not going to get much run, again, fine.

Nothings stays the same, and 2006 sj.com isn't walking through that door.

Think tomorrow I'll buy some Heineken and have a few. Leinenkugel as well.

Onward.

11. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Oh, Fenian...miss that dude's rapport. I was away from the board when he left (?) and have never encountered the why (and realize it's uncouth to ask).

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted