1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redskins trade for Jason Taylor

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

We? Do you - or did you used to - play for them?

Good for both sides. Dolphins didn't get their first-round delusional dream, but Redskins claimed to need some help and are usually the only team willing to pay that kind of price.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

IJAG, you do realize that buying tickets to a game does not get you access to see Taylor without his shirt, right?

3. From what it sounds like, he works in the front office.

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Speaking for IJAG and myself, outofplace -- can you help us change that protocol? Please? :)
    Tickets = shirtless Jason, up close, and a hug

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Only Ashley Harkleroad gets to do that.

6. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Smith, you've got a point. Daniels was 31 during his first year with the Skins, hardly retirement age (except for some RBs). Carter is 29, ditto.

Anyway... it was a trade they needed to make, particularly when you've got a high-level DE dangling out there. The rest of the roster has not-ready-for-prime-time players; they can fill Buzbee's roster spot with a street free agent if they don't mind waiting for some cuts. But Chris Wilson isn't an every-down player yet and Demetric Evans might never be - though he's a great guy and a hell of a story. James isn't healthy yet, and then you're getting into non-impact rookies (Jackson) and journeymen free agents (Huntley).

The Dolphins had them by the balls.

7. outofplace

If I had the power, would you get me the same deal with Ashley Harkleroad?

8. dooley_womack1

Methinks we are reaching critical mass on Harkleroad jokes

9. outofplace

Just following your inspirational lead.

10. dooley_womack1

Well, that journey is generally a dead-end road, my friend.

11. outofplace

Then it fits in with the rest of my journeys on SportsJournalists.com quite nicely.

12. pallister

pallister Guest

The Redskins are dull, so to change the subject a bit, how do you think the Dolphins will take this move? This isn't Parcells throwing some second-stringer under the bus to prove that it's all about the "team." Taylor was one of the best and, I assume, most-respected players on the Dolphins. Does anyone see this backfiring and making an even bigger mess of the franchise for the near future? Or do you think that with the team being so bad, there was nothing to lose by Parcells taking such a huge step to show the team he means business?

Draft saved Draft deleted