1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redskins Hiring Fassel!?!?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

From ESPN.com

More NFL Headlines

Falcons make Jags' Smith new coach
    Sources: No Fassel-Giants deal; Zorn interviews
    Ravens hire Cameron as offensive coordinator
    Clifton headed to Pro Bowl, but will Favre join him?
    Bolts' Rivers has surgery

I guess Coughlin is still on the hotseat.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hey, you could have done that poll when he bought the team and got the same result...

old guy named Zorn... fucking punk ass young dickhead...

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

HB, correct me if I'm wrong, but the MSG group had had some goodwill at some point in NY, right? Aside from how pathetic they've been lately and the Isiah sex suit debacle. Lately it's been a disaster, but it wasn't always that way, no?

The one thing that Snyder did to endear himself to the fan base was bring back Gibbs. That's it. They don't see a cent of the nine figures he makes from the team; they keep paying ridiculous amounts to park at FedEx and then watch that money get poured into questionable personnel decisions by a questionable personnel guy - who, BTW, got a promotion yesterday.

Snyder had a winning coach who brought a lifeless team back from the dead (Marty, whose team put together a decent win streak to finish at .500). Canned. So he had to make the big splash to hire the big-name college coach, which failed miserably. And, if you'll recall, the Spurrier firing wasn't exactly cut and dried either.

There is evidence throughout NFL history that successful teams build through the draft with strong, knowledgeable personnel guys; the Redskins themselves did that during Gibbs I with Beatherd and Casserly. Snyder eschews that policy because he and Cerrato, apparently, have a better way.

Two playoff wins in nearly a decade. And this is how a franchise is supposed to be run?

4. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around somebody characterizing Fassel as a loudmouth. Have you actually been around any NFL coaches?

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Me? No, never. What's an NFL coach?

6. Stone Cane

Stone Cane Member

Redskins are denying the report & it appears that the Wash. Post web site has changed its story and is no longer reporting Fassel is a done deal

who needs corrections when you can just post a different story

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Try two playoff wins in 50 years. How's that grab ya??

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'm glad you tapped on this....

Nice little lefty QB.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

BTW.... can all the people who were properly hypercritical of Tomlinsuck please stand up.

Fucker doesn't even need surgery.

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I'm standing.

Unless a leg is broken, a Hall-of-Fame talent stays on that field.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

I say as I did on the game thread that the mention of LT being scared of having his first leg injury kept him on the bench. I think he was afraid of injuring it further and didn't push himself to play as you might expect in a game that big.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

You call what Dan Snyder does running a franchise?

Dan Snyder makes Matt Millen look like the best exec on the planet.

Draft saved Draft deleted